Fabulous, unique guesthouse w/ lots of social life, more photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bangkoksong/

2008/08/31

Hey Mr. DJ,

put the record on. I wanna dance w/ my baby!

Unfortunately, he didn't.

But fortunately, he gave us two CDs that he often plays when working. I'm listening to one of them right now. Very tribal. Just perfect for the red wine that is permeating and lubricating my soul as we speak.

This evening, I came home to find one of our guests to be a prominent DJ from Sydney. Wow!

I don't wanna name names but he dj's for a famous club on Oxford Street in Sydney. We feel so honored to have him stay w/ us, even for just one night.

Tomorrow, he's off to Europe, but he promises to come back for an extended stay in Bangkok. Last time he was here, it was a decade ago, and he is baffled w/ all the new things that Bangkok has to offer. The trip before here was in Angkor Wat, Cambodia. See? No matter where you've been to or you're going to, Bangkok is a transit city not to miss.

At dinner, we ordered naches from Coyote, which probably is the best Mexican bar in Bangkok. Edward de New York City is back for about ten days, so it was such a diamond time to get everyone together.

We ended up exploring various accents in the world as we had an Aussie, a New Yorker, a Canadian, and a Thai person at the table. In one of my future posts, I'm gonna discuss various accents in Thailand and how they are all outshone by the haughty one which is based right here in Bangkok.

Next party will be for our friend from Hawaii. She's going to stay w/ us for about a week. We're going to throw a memorable party for her. We're going to surprise her w/ a Bangkok 'delicacy.'

I don't wanna point out what it is but it does get mentioned in one of my former posts. Hint: August 24, 08.

Go read, and don't be scandalized!

Guitlessly-intoxicated Joe

No comments: