Fabulous, unique guesthouse w/ lots of social life, more photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bangkoksong/

2008/08/27

Guests Speak Out! - Jay reveals himself.

Almost all of the long-term guests at BangkokSong are invited over for a dinner at Apt A5 before they leave. Randy enjoys cooking and being guaranteed compliments from those invited.

That's the part I do not enjoy. "Wow, this is delicious!" "Absolutely amazing!" "This tastes so good." "What is your recipe?" But then, what else can a guest do?

Enjoyable Part! Conversations that ensues!

The night before, Jay talked religion! It started w/ the theory of evolution.

Randy doesn't buy the evolution theory because he can't see how it would give us a soul. To him, the idea that we are created by God is more credible. But then, he can't bring himself to believe in the latter either. He can't get over that phrase. You know, "....men who lie w/ men......."

Then, Jay said he's a Christian who prays to God every night.

Surprise of the night!

I mean, we've known him since April and never had a clue, and Jay is BEYOND gay!

He said his mom used to be a Buddhist but later converted to Catholicism during stormy times. The Virgin Madonna spoke to her twice before she decided that Buddhism was no longer her thing. But, Jay prays directly to Him.

Jay's interpretation of what He approves of and what he likes in bed is very interesting and personal. I totally respect that.

As for Randy, my man, his religion is kindness. Oh well, poor are our guests who have to sit through "the monologue."

As for me, I'm a Buddhist because I enjoy living w/ the idea that last time I did this, so this time I am this, and next time I should come back like that. I don't pray even though prayer is part of the practice too.

But I do clamor for Like A Prayer and kneel before the Like-A-Virgin Madonna.

Joe

No comments: