Fabulous, unique guesthouse w/ lots of social life, more photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bangkoksong/

2008/10/07

democracy and STATIONERY

At lunchtime, my mom called and updated me on the nastiness at the parliament.

Around two, I surfed Bangkok Post, BBC, International Herald Tribune, and CNN so I would know what they said about the current situation in my city.

At 6.30 I read news on BBC about a car bomb that left one woman dead somewhere near where the police had clashed w/ the protesters.

At 7, I left work and headed for B2S at Central World Plaza. I spent more than a thousand Baht there for cute stationeries. Well, I just got promoted and the desk I’m assigned to needs Joe’s touch.

It was almost 10 pm when I got home. My husband cooked me dinner and we ate. Randy again was pissed at Thaksin for allegedly being behind this violence. He’d read somewhere that the ousted prime minister and his wife, Pojaman, are applying for political asylum in the UK and using this turmoil as ground for remaining there. I was pissed that I had to do the dishes after a long day at work.

Also, Randy updated me that Paul, our good friend, will be coming back from the UK to his life in the City of Angels. We’re so happy to hear his dad is doing well so our friend can be where he prefers to be.

Tomorrow, I’m gonna be busy “decorating” my desk and again dealing w/ colleagues who don’t seem happy w/ my new position. Whatever! Life goes on no matter what.

Riot police, tear gas, injured protesters, government house and parliament under siege, power struggle between old and new money, growing or crumbling “democracy,” dirty dishes after dinner, fan freaking tastic colleagues. Oh my gosh, I looove the fluorescent blue staples!!!

Joe

No comments: