Fabulous, unique guesthouse w/ lots of social life, more photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bangkoksong/

2012/03/08

Maya to Become an Angel?

My boyfriend Rahul is royally pissed at me at the moment. Meant to be bound for snowy Kashmir to meet his folks for the very first time, I got cold feet, grabbed my passport and left for a sweltering weekend in the City of Angels instead. To be fair to me, what would you do if vivacious Kate, Bridget, Sibylle, & Katy beckoned? We launched our night at Soul Food on Sukhumvit 55, and later let an impertinent taxi man dock us at WTF on Sukhumvit 51. There was one glitch that went unnoticed thankfully; with an appropriate dose of Cosmopolitan in my system, my heart began to ache almost uncontrollably – yes, snubbing Rahul felt like a fatal blunder. Determined not to disrupt the delectable flow of the night, I managed to pull myself together. We shortly after galloped to The Nest on Sukhumvit 11 for a formidable closure. I’m twirling back to Delhi this evening and I’m fervently pleading with the Lord Shiva that Rahul will forgive me. Thank you, girl friends, for including me in such an Angels’ time. We did assemble one vigorous posse. Until later!

Maya xxx

No comments: