Fabulous, unique guesthouse w/ lots of social life, more photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bangkoksong/

2011/03/20

French Charm


Friday night glided by with us appreciating a great deal a great great French mime “Imagine-Toi”. Besides, I was touched on a grand scale. My good friend Chalanthorn had couriered me a free tix even though I had nothing to do with the French Association of Bangkok. And despite the fact that my French is atrociously basic! Manee and Joanna were there as well. So, four old (yes, old!) friends got to hang out and had a capital time inside out.

But, back to my damned French. While I’m pleased and proud of a slew of Thai friends who speak the language flawlessly, sometimes I can’t help being jealous and left behind. What have I done to let this become a bitter reality? What have I NOT done in my vibrant & energetic youth? The level of my French remains an utter humiliation in spite of an alarming number of French men I have “encountered”.

The next times I get to mingle with those monsieurs I will be sure to do other things as well. Well, you know, on top of “that”.

No comments: