Fabulous, unique guesthouse w/ lots of social life, more photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bangkoksong/

2008/07/20

What's that dark red thingy?


You're forgiven if you mistake it for red wine. But yes, the bottle used to harbor wine.

The thingy's name is roselle. If you haven't heard of it, feel free to wikipedia (gosh, I owe this site a daily good night kiss.)

In Thai, we call it "Kra-Jiab."

Kra-Jiab is very sour and therefore charged w/ Vitamine C (pls condone my logic here.) Anyway, in summary, roselle juice is uber good for you. Proof - my scurvy has never wished to see me ever again since Randy stumbled upon roselle buds in a Thai herb store in our neighborhood.

I've made this juice for some of the guests before. Some said they enjoyed the taste of it. Some even said it seemed to calm their stomach.

I promise I'll make Joe-brewed roselle part of every BangkokSong stay from now on.

Joe

No comments: